Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hurry up and wait

Posted by Michael and Susanne Napp

We're in the final week -- although it feels like we've been here for a month. Sus went to the doctor on Monday and she had progressed with the dilation and effacement.....that's as far as I'm going with that. If you don't understand, ask your wife or your mom.

Every time Sus calls me on the phone I answer with, "Is it time?" Of course, I've been doing that since April. Mimi and Poppa are coming up tomorrow to be ambulance drivers while I'm coaching our last two play days for the summer. Juju's bags are packed and she's waiting on the call to rush up I-65. The due date is next Tuesday, June 30th - and if he's not here before Tuesday, July 7th we will induce labor. So - no matter what - he'll be here in 12 days. Keep praying for a safe and healthy delivery.

I'll be updating the blog live from Brookwood hospital so stay tuned.

5 comments:

Bull said...

I know exactly how you feel, with all the waiting. Soon you will know exactly how I feel, with all the poop on my hands. We're praying for y'all.

Ashley Turnbull said...

Yes! The end is the WORST part. But, hang in there...God has such perfect timing for the baby. I am so thankful you will have a full term baby, as ours way. They are so healthy and alert when they come out! He'll be ready to play ball coming out of the birth canal :-) And, can't wait for live blogging. We'll be on the edge of our seats!!! Praying!

The Coles said...

hey... i'm coming too

Anonymous said...

Dude. Your blog is the cutest one on the block.

Michael and Susanne Napp said...

yeah Nate -- Sus got her hands on the blog and that is the result. Some battles just aren't worth fighting.

Post a Comment