Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Posted by Michael and Susanne Napp


There will be a significant number of posts over the next 3 weeks concerning my unhealthy obsession with March Madness. Big-Boy conference tournaments begin TV coverage today at 11 am with the Big East, then Thursday through Sunday is a smorgasbord of awesomeness. If you call me and I don't answer the phone -- try again on Tuesday, April 7th.
This picture is Christian Laettner celebrating after hitting the famous shot against Kentucky in the '92 regional final at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. This shot was a landmark in most hoops fans lives, and I'm sure I'm just one of many who has replayed the turn-around 17 footer in his driveway. I'm 30 years old and I still occassionaly practice that shot when I'm in the gym with no one else watching who might say "Look at that fat old loser pretending to be Christian Laettner...and who is that dude with his hands on his head crying like Thomas Hill?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John Pelphrey loves that shot. I bet he was super-duper excited when ESPN made a whole channel that shows it over and over and over this time of year.

This is no doubt the greatest time of year. I think I might even take off work Thursday and Friday next week to celebrate on my couch.

Michael and Susanne Napp said...

We've got spring break next week - how awesome is that!

Post a Comment