Wednesday, April 29, 2009

You don't have to live like a refugee

Posted by Michael and Susanne Napp


I went to Ft Walton for a coaches clinic that I attend every April. While on this trip with my baby-mama,the Baumbaughs and my boy Nate, I witnessed a shocking event that may be occurring in your neighborhood. Krispy Kreme doughnuts -- yes, Hot ones -- are being thrown away. We went to the local Krispy Kreme is Destin one night, and I became entranced with the assembly line flipping, frying, and covering doughnuts in glorious glaze. Workers used little wooden sticks to remove the cooling doughnuts and place them in boxes as people ordered them. But every 2 or 3 minutes, no one would be manning that station -- and doughnuts were falling off the end of the conveyor belt into a trash can. A Trash Can! To be thrown away! Perfectly edible doughnuts becoming the victims of secret neglect. I was outraged. I offered to sit indian style at the end of the conveyor belt and hold my mouth open to rescue these cast-aways. The manager looked at me oddly and did not respond.

I did do some good while in this store. There was one poor specimen that had suffered some unfortunate incident during its creation. Two circles of delight had fallen on top of each other in the fryer and morphed together into a grotesque anti-doughnut reminiscient of Venom or Bad Superman from Superman II. I offered to find this refugee a home, and this time the manager complied. She gave it to me free of charge -- I think it was a bribe to get me to leave...which I did.

If you are as outraged as I am about these forgotten and refugee doughnuts, do something today! Don't stand idly by while this travesty of justice continues.


I like doughnuts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still outraged.

Bull said...

This is a fantastic post. I decided a long time ago that if I could pick my way to die, it would be by drowning as I ride the conveyor belt through the glaze fountain with my mouth open. If heaven doesn't have a glaze fountain, I'm not sure I want to go.

Post a Comment