Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fatherhood Rite of Passage #2

Posted by Michael and Susanne Napp





The second rite of passage I've endured in Davis' 9 days of life is concurrent poopie diapers. This is when D fills up a diaper, and either immediately after changing it or before the new diaper is even velcroed shut, he fills it up again. You talk about frustration...I've just spent 3 minutes detailing his butt and junk with wipes, applied a little Boudreaux's, dabbed on some Petroleum Jelly for the circumcision, rubbed alcohol on his cord...then pppthththhpppththththewwwweeeeep! Let's do this again! Yes!
The worst so far was 3 concurrent diaper changes. I did the first two, then I handed him off to Mimi for the third. I'm planning my revenge. I figure one diaper change every two hours is fair and balanced, but for each extra diaper change he owes me an extra chore as a teenager.

A little help from the blogosphere: Is the possessive of my son's name Davis' or Davis's? I'm a Biology teacher for cryin out loud -- get off me.

3 comments:

The Dettling's said...

I've had the same question with James (our first son,) and I'm a writer. I finally decided on James', but I don't know if that is proper or not. Glad you're enjoying fatherhood! We're right there with you on the concurrent diaper changes! :) I promise it gets better after the first few months!

adam said...

Sometimes with Luke, I needed a pressure washer. Nothing like the joys of a baby's duece.

The Coles said...

Ok.. I have consulted English people and while both are accepted, Davis's is correct

Post a Comment